Friday, May 18, 2012

An example of smoking by teeagers

I took up smoking when I was a high school student in Japan. The reason why I started smoking is that my senior students recommended me to smoke, although it was the violation of the law. At first, I thought smoking was cool and fashionable. Besides in Japan tobacco is easy to get because there are lots of vending machines in streets. However, now, I'm suffering from smoking. I cannot concentrate on my study without smoking a cigarette. I know I'm addicted to it, but I cannot possibly give up smoking. My high school days were completely a mess, because I was always having a quarrel over smoking. I hardly talked with my family because they hated tobacco smoke. I hardly had chances to make friends with my classmates, because they regarded me as a juvenile delinquent. I sometimes "borrowed" money from my parents so that I could buy cigarettes. It was terrible, because I know I was being taken advantage of the government considering it gets too much tobacco tax, yet nevertheless, I continued betraying my friends, neighbors, and family. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't depend on cigarettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment